Just because...


Last week was not my favorite week so far this year.
We had some sickness...some sibling issues...which of course revealed some heart issues...and other things that added to the not-favorite part.
So one morning, I decided to make chocolate chip muffins...just because.
I knew it couldn't fix the heart issues...or the fevers...but perhaps it could set a better mood for our morning.
With the smell of something yummy drifting upstairs...it was inevitable that footsteps would soon follow.
While they were gobbling up crumbs...I put on some worship music and told them about an idea that had been forming...


Let's get out some paint...make a big mess...sing at the top of our lungs...just because.
While I try to be a bit spontaneous now and then...this was a bit unprecedented for me.
I usually try to schedule all things pertaining to playdoh, paint, or mess.
Needless to say, the kids were a bit surprised!!!



As you can see by her face, Hailey was not quite sure what to make of this randomness.
Painting with fingers, huh?
Making a mess, huh?
She tried to access what everyone else was doing...then eventually joined in the fun!


With Tomlin and Jimenez families belting out tunes, creative juices flowed.
Masterpieces were designed.
Hearts were a bit lighter.
Smiles were a bit brighter.



And I truly believe...Jesus was worshiped that morning.
Just because...
Just because...He is faithful.
Just because...He is worthy.
Just because...He is good.
Just because...our situation did not dictate our actions.
Just because...

2 comments