Hiking...


I climbed a mountain today...literally! :-) This morning I took several of the high school girls for a hike up Crowders Mountain. It was a gorgeous day and it turned out to be a great trip. I was a little worried about how my post-partum body would fare hiking up this mountain...but I have to say that I stayed right in step with those young whippersnappers!
Once at the top, I shared from Romans 12:1-2. I exhorted the girls to examine all aspects of their lives from their thoughts in their heads all the way to the places they go with their feet. Are they conformed to the world? or the image of Christ? It was an amazing place to spend time before the Lord asking Him to search us and convict us of sin.
We spent some time quietly on our own...praying and just worshipping the Lord. Then we headed back down the mountain. On the way home, we stopped at Tony's Ice Cream Parlor and had homemade ice cream! The scoops were huge...but we hiked a mountain...we deserved it!

3 comments